Saturday 19 November 2011

A New Path


Doctor's Visit:  $4.00

X-Ray:   $8.00

Self-made cast: $1.00 

 Crutches:  $6.00
Hearing the news that the foot isn't broken:   PRICELESS  






Yes, I fell in my flat and twisted my foot.  Big bummer.  Ever a resourceful bunch, a fellow Iyengar student from the U.S.showed me how to make a cast fashioned from the following:
  • toilet paper for cushioning
  • an ace bandage to cover the TP
  • duct tape to support the foot. 

Jean just happened to pack duct tape and I had purchased eye wraps (ace bandages) from the Institute..
VOILA!
I also learned an unorthodox way of treating feet ailments, and it seems to have worked, but I'm not going to mention it here.  Ask me about it when you see me in person.



Ouch.  


I can't take classes at the moment, but the foot is healing nicely and I hope to resume shortly.  In the meantime I'm sitting in the back with other onlookers and taking the best notes ever. It feels as though I'm actually getting more out of the classes by taking notes and practicing what I can later. 

Q:  How is duct tape similar to "The Force"?

A.  It's got a dark side, it's got a light side, and it holds The Universe together.


Thanks for looking and for all your comments.
See you soon...

Jane




2 comments:

  1. So a dark and light side to your injury as well. More notes! So you get to learn more in a different way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it seems The Universe REALLY wants you to sit down and pay attention to something over there
    Are you going to be able to request a wheel chair for the plane and wave at everyone as you go by?

    ReplyDelete